The winter months often bring low drab feelings and lazy evenings. I know I generally turn into a recluse during the winter months. This is when all of your favorite shows are aired on TV, and the weekends are the perfect time for cuddling up with a blanket on the couch and watching Netflix.
Our winter wardrobe tends to follow suite. We lean more towards darker colors in the winter months and seem to forget that yellows and pinks even exist.
That is why I was so excited to find this gem of a sweater hiding in the racks at Forever 21.
It adds a bit of pop and fun to the winter wardrobe blues. The off the shoulder fall gives you just a hint of sexy, while still keeping you warm. I decide to pair this Mauve colored sweater with my favorite distressed jeggings form Torrid. With this look, you can still be comfy cozy, yet sexy sassy. (Shout out to the singer Carl Carlton…You’ll have to be over 40 to catch that reference). 🙂
Here are 5 Ways You Can Perk up Your Winter Wardrobe
- Carry a bright colored bag like this Astor Court Elena bag from Kate Spade.
- Invest in a colorful winter coat. Even if you have on an all-black outfit, this Helene Berman wool coat from Asos will stand out.
- Add a scarf with a pop of color to your outfit of the day.
- A Hot pink dress. Try pairing it with black opaque tights and black booties. The tights will keep you in season, while the bright dress will enter the room before you do.
- Choose primary colors. You may not think of Blue, Red, And Green as colors that pop, but they will definitely add flair to any outfit.
What’s your favorite way to add color to your Winter Wardrobe?
If you liked this post, feel free to pin it on Pinterest, or share it on social media.