Ever wish you could add your own pretty text in iMovie instead of those boring titles? Well you can. It’s not as easy as sliding in a title but it’s not hard either.
When editing my YouTube videos, I like to get a little fancy, but there is only so much you can do in iMovie. Sure, there are other editing software programs that will take your editing game to the next level, but what do you do if Final Cut Pro X is just not in the budget right now?
I still use iMovie to edit my videos, and over time, I’ve found some pretty creative ways to get my videos to look how I want them, in spite of the limitations of iMovie.
One of the first iMovie tricks I learned was how to add my own text in my videos. Adding text to your videos with the font and color of your choice is a simple way to keep your content on brand.
Here are the 5 easy steps to adding your own text in iMovie
- Create your text in Canva
- Save you text as a transparent image
- Slide the image into your iMovie media, and place it on top of your video clip
- Select Fit from the cropping tool, then select picture in picture
- Resize and arrange your text where you would like it to appear on the screen
For a detailed tutorial on how to add your own text to iMovie using Canva, watch the video below.